- Written by Tony Cannan
- Category: Constitution & By-Laws
- Hits: 4026
SOUTH EASTERN TASMANIAN EIGHT BALL ASSOCIATION
ABN No 13 715 161 331
The official title of the Association shall be “South Eastern Tasmania Eight Ball Association.”
And shall be herein afterwards referred to as the ‘Association’.
The mailing address for the Association will be determined by the Committee after each year’s AGM.
Aims and Objectives
To promote, encourage, organize and run competitions and advance the game of ‘Eight Ball’ in
Tasmania, especially in the South East region of Southern Tasmania.
Control of the Association shall be vested in its appointed officials who will administer all business connected with the Association according to & abiding by its rules and regulations. The By-laws can be added to and or deleted from, or altered at the discretion of the Committee.
1. All players must fill in the required Registration Form (obtainable from the Secretary) before being eligible to play in any match or competition under the jurisdiction of the Association.
2. This form must be in the hands of the Publicity Officer within 1 week after the first match the player engages in.
3. Any player registering with two (2) or more clubs, of the Association, Will be dealt with by the committee
a) With a maximum suspension of twelve (12) months for the players
b) Loss of points for the club,
c) or both, as decided by the Committee.
Annual General Meeting
1. The Association shall, in each year hold an Annual General Meeting. This Annual General Meeting shall be held in March, on a date to be fixed by the Committee.
2. The Annual general Meeting is open to all financial clubs and clubs wishing to affiliate. At such Annual General Meeting the following agenda shall be adhered to.
A) Opening of meeting
C) Minutes of last Annual General Meeting shall be read, as distributed and confirmed.
D) President’s Annual report read and received.
E) Treasurer’s Report (Financial Statement) read and received.
F) Election of Officers. These will consist of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer & Publicity Officer. These officials shall be known as the EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
G) The election of 8 committee members being: 5 members of Executive Committee, Ass Secretary/Treasurer & two (2) general committee members.
H) Election of the SETEBA Patron.
I) Election of Auditor - If an appointment is not made at an Annual General Meeting the Committee shall appoint an Auditor of the Association for
the then current financial year of the Association.
J) The setting of club and members’ affiliation fees and the date by which they shall be payable.
K) General Business and Notices of Motions for Annual General Meeting. Shall be in writing, with a seconder, to the Secretary no later than 28 days prior to this meeting.
This does not preclude the taking of motions from the floor.
NOTE: All committe members including the Executive Committee shall be elected for a period of one year once there present terms end. All postions will revert to one (1) year terms from 2015, this was (Changed at 2013 AGM) in the event of a casual vacancy, the Committee will be empowered to fill the vacancy and the appointed member shall hold office only until the next Annual General Meeting.
Special General Meeting
1. The Committee may, when deems necessary, convene a Special General Meeting of the Association.
2. The Committee shall, on the requesting in writing of not less than ten (10) members, or two (2) teams convene a Special General Meeting of the Association.
3. A requesting for a Special General Meeting shall state the objects of the meeting and shall be signed by the ten (10) members or two (2) teams and handed to the
Secretary of the Association.
4. The committee shall cause a Special General Meeting to be held within twenty-one (21) days of such a request, NO business other than that which has been deposited
Secretary will be conducted at the Special General Meeting.
5. If within one (1) hour after the appointed time for the commencement of this Special GeneralMeeting a quorum is not present, the meeting shall be dissolved.
1. Officers of the Committee shall be the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Publicity Officer also Ass Secretary/Treasurer & the 2 Committee members.
These committee persons are duly elected at the Annual General Meeting.
The Committee will meet (not including the Annual General Meeting or any Special General Meetings) during the playing season and on other occasions deemed necessary from time to time.
DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
President Shall preside at all meetings of the Association, including Committee and Sub-Committee meetings.
Vice-President In the event of the absence of the President will preside over any meeting and have the same powers as the President.
Note: In the event of the absence of both President and Vice-President (from a meeting) a member of the General Committee shall be elected,
from among themselves, and shall chair the meeting.
1. Shall be responsible for convening all meetings and correctly record all minutes of the meeting.
2. Shall receive all correspondence in the name of the Association and deal with it in accordance with directions given by the Committee.
3. Shall attend to all clerical duties of the Association.
Publicity Officer The Publicity Officer of the Association shall, at least fourteen (14) days before the date fixed for holding an Annual General Meeting
of the Association have inserted in the Mercury newspaper an advertisement specifying the place, day and time
for the holding of the meeting and the nature of the business to be transacted at this meeting.
They shall record all stats and averages of members and teams each week and the records of the championships conducted by the
They shall publish a Ladder each week and distribute it to every team while the roster is being played and a Newsletter when applicable
1. Shall be responsible for the receipt of all monies due to the Association and deposit same, with Fourteen (14) days, in such bank as
approved by the Committee
2. Must correctly keep books and accounts of all monies received and issue receipts for it, and the Association will only acknowledge such
receipts as are issued by the Treasurer.
3. All accounts (as authorized by Committee) are to be paid by cheque and such cheque must be signed by the Treasurer, plus one (1) of 2
Executive Officers authorized by the Committee to do so.
4. Shall cause to have a report of all financial matters, at each Committee meeting and full financial report with Auditors statement for
Annual General Meeting. Shall of least once in each financial year of the Association, cause to have the financial accounts audited.
POWERS OF THE COMMITTEES
In the event of an urgent matter arising, which needs immediate action, the Executive committee will act on a majority decision (as long as a quorum exist ie: 4 of 5 executive) and report such action to the next Committee meeting for ratification.
To manage and control all matters in connection with competitions, matches with any other “Eight Ball Association”, and approve prizes in connection with the same.
2. To deal with all correspondence relating to the Association,
3. To hold inquiries and make decisions in connection with all disputes, protests and all other matters referred to it, all disputes or protests must be lodged, in writing, with
the Secretary within 72 hours of the event giving rise to such dispute or protest.
4. The committee shall have the power to reprimand, suspend, exclude or otherwise deal with any individual, team or club for behavior that is in any way
detrimental to the Association, providing the offender is summoned to attend the meeting of the committee at which it is proposed to take action. Notice of summons to
on offender by registered mail. Failure of the offender to answer the summons shall
not preclude the committee from arriving at its decision.
a) Subject to this rule, the committee may expel a member from the Association if, in its opinion, and the member has been guilty of
conduct detrimental to the interests of the Association.
b) The member may exercise his/her right of appeal under this rule within fourteen (14) days of notification.
5. The Committee shall be empowered to impose a levy (and/or fees) on all affiliated clubs/teams and/or individuals should it be deemed necessary
to conduct the affairs of the Association
6. To make, repeal and/or amend By-laws as necessary to uphold the South Eastern Tasmania Eight Ball Association. Aims and Objectives’.
Note: Under no circumstances shall any By-law conflict with any part of the constitution
7. To nominate Sub-Committee/s as required.
Sub - Committee
1. All these meetings will be presided over by the President.
In the event of the Presidents absence, or if delegated by the President, these meetings will be presided over by the Vice-President
2. These Sub-committees will consist of Chairperson (President or Vice-President) and three (3) other persons nominated to the position by General Committee.
These three (3) persons need not necessarily be Committee members, but must be registered members of the Association.
Election of Committee Members
1. Nominations of candidates for election as Executive Officers and General Committee members shall be made from the floor on the night of the A.G.M.
2. If sufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the Committee, the candidates nominated shall be deemed to be elected and further nominations
shall not be received at the Annual General Meeting.
3. If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot shall be held.
4. The ballot for the election of Executive Officers and General Committee persons shall be conducted at the Annual General Meeting in such proper
manner as the Chairperson may direct.
5. That the elected positions of the Executive Officers and that of the General Committee members will be for a period of one (1) year only which will be phased in from the
2013 AGM till 2015 AGM as the revalant Executive Committee positions are due for re-election. From the 2015 AGM all positions on the SETEBA Committee shall be
for one (1) year only with all positions up for re-election at every AGM.
6. If any member of the Executive leaves for any reason the next A.G.M. will vote in a new member for the rest of the Executive term ie if they leave in the first year of
office the new member will be voted in for the last two years.
1. Voting at the Annual General Meeting and all Special General Meetings shall be one (1) vote per team.
2. a) The hotel/club delegate entitled to record the hotel/clubs vote at all such meetings shall be submitted to the Publicity Officer upon the affiliation of the hotel/club concerned.
a) The delegate may be changed during the year only by written notice being given to the Publicity Officer at least fourteen days (14) prior to any meeting at which this
new delegate may be required to vote.
3. Upon any motion arising at an Annual General Meeting, a delegate has one (1) vote only.
4. All votes shall be given personally.
5. In the case of an equality of voting on a motion, the chairperson of the meeting is entitled to exercise a second or casting vote.
6. All voting on motions shall be by show of hands unless otherwise specified by chairperson. A declaration by the chairperson that a resolution has been carried,
or carried unanimously or carried by particular majority, or lost and an entry to that effect in the minute book of the Association is evidence of the fact without proof of the number,
or proportion of the votes recorded in favor of, or against that resolution.
7. All Life Members of the Association have a right to vote at all Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings and Committee Meetings.
Quorum for Meetings
1. The quorum required for any Annual/Special General Meeting should be at least half the number of eligible clubs/teams affiliated with the Association.
The quorum required for any Committee Meeting shall be at least Four (4) persons eligible to attend.
No business shall be transacted, at any meeting, unless a quorum is present and if within one half an hour of the time appointed for the meeting a quorum is not present, the meeting shall stand adjourned to the same place and at the same hour of the same day in the following week unless the meeting was a Special General Meeting. In which case it lapses.
Amendments to the Constitution
The Constitution can only be altered at an Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting. Such notice of request to alter the Constitution must be in writing, signed by two (2) or more members of the Association.
This written notice must be in the hands of the Secretary at least twenty-eight (28) days prior to said Annual or Special General Meeting. Any motion to alter the Constitution must be passed by at least three-quarters (3/4) of the members present who are eligible to vote.
Match and Competition Rules
These to be determined under By-laws of the Association, And by the Tournament Committee.
The Association reserves the right to deny membership to any person who has been suspended by any fellow Association.
The financial year of the Association is the period beginning 1st January and ending on 31st December in each year.
Not for Profit
The assets and income of the Association shall be applied solely in furtherance of its above mentioned objectives and no portion shall be distributed directly or indirectly to the members of the Association except as bona tide compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the Association.
In the event of the Association being dissolved, the amount, which remains after such dissolution and the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities, not exceeding $1.00 per member, shall transfer to any organization which has similar objects and which is exempt from income tax.
SETEBA Life Membership
Subject to a recommendation/nomination being received by the General Committee, the recommended/nominated person shall be considered for Life Membership of the Association at the Association Annual General Meeting. Any such recommendation/nomination by two (2) teams/clubs must be submitted, in writing, to the Association secretary at least 14 days prior to the Association Annual General Meeting in question.
Life membership of the Association shall be granted if it is accepted that the recommended/nominated person has contributed outstanding service to the Association. Once granted, Life Members may if they wish, attend all Association meetings and have full speaking rights. Life Members of the Association shall be awarded entry to Association events and functions each year
- Written by Tony Cannan
- Category: Constitution & By-Laws
- Hits: 3420
SOUTH EASTERN TASMANIA EIGHT BALL ASSOCIATION
These By-laws shall remain in force until they are repealed and/or amended by the South Eastern Tasmania Eight Ball Association committee as/if necessary. All members of the SETEBA must adhere to these By-Laws.
While attending and/or participating in any SETEBA function and/or event, SETEBA members are expected to behave in an acceptable manner.
The SETEBA committee will deal with any member who behaves in an unacceptable manner (i.e. excessive consumption of alcohol, sexual harassment
excessive bad language, uncomely behavior, etc).
Any player requested to attend a committee meeting is to be accompanied by their captain. The following penalties will be incurred.
Behaviour - Offensive (if found guilty)
1st Offence 2 - 4 weeks suspension from roster games.
2nd Offence 4 - 8 weeks suspension from roster games.
3rd Offence 12 months suspension from roster games.
Behaviour - Serious (if found guilty)
1st Offence 12 months suspension from roster games
2nd Offence Life suspension from SETEBA
Sexual Harassment (if found guilty)
1st Offense 12 months suspension from roster games.
2nd Offence Life suspension from SETEBA
The last two (2) Offences, Serious Behavior and Sexual Harassment, must be viewed in the extreme as the defendant and the SETEBA could be involved in further legal proceedings. E.g. charges laid civil action, etc. The SETEBA would be in breach of its Duty of Care to its players and sponsors, if anything less than serious action were at least seen to be taken. Where legal action has been taken by one party, the SETEBA shall wait until these proceedings have come to a conclusion before deciding what penalties it shall pass down.
Any player/member who puts the SETEBA and its committee into a situation that brings the Association into disrepute, e.g. child molestation, major sexcrimes, etc. will be removed from any or all positions held and the SETEBA will suspend the player from playing until the conclusion of all legal proceedings.
Should a player disagree with an umpiring decision, he/shecanrequest an immediate stop to the game to enable the respective captains to be called. If an agreeable outcome cannot be reached afterthe captains have been called, the umpire/s shall contact the SETEBA adjudicator’s asnominated by the SETEBA committee.
All score sheets must be posted or emailed to the Association Publicity Officer by the HOME CAPTAIN no later than 6 p.m. on the Friday night following Wednesday’s matches.
Serious Tampering with Score Sheets
1st offence Forfeit of any score, $25 fine, suspended 2 games
2nd offence 12 months suspension
3rd offence Life suspension
Teams or individuals that are proven to lose deliberately will be excluded from all results.
All fines are to be paid within 14 days or further action will be taken.
Game Forfeits and Redraws – B Grade
In B Division, which presently uses the 21 game formats - three (3) rounds of seven (7) frames; a team must have a minimum of 5 players to avoid a total match forfeit in any given match.
Note: If a team has 6 players available that team shall be allowed to redraw 1 player in each round but it must be a different player in each round, no player can be redrawn more than once. If the team has 5 players there can be one (1) redraw and one (1) forfeit in each round. Should a forfeit be necessary, the game forfeited must be the last game listed, for the Home Team this will be the 7th game of each set, for the Away Team it shall be game No 7 of the first set, then wherever the 7th game is to be played in the rotation of the away team.
There are no Redraws in the Premier League division.
If the format of 32 singles matches isbeing played, as in the Premier League – four (4) rounds of eight (8) frames a team needs at least 6 players to avoid a total match forfeit, should a team forfeit a total of three (3) matches in any one (1) roster, that team shall be withdrawn from the competition. Teams that have been withdrawn prior to end of the roster matches (excluding finals) shall be seen to have never been in the roster, so therefore all match results involving the withdrawn team shall also be withdrawn.
There shall be no Redraws in the Finals for any Division.
Each divisions playing formats will be determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Premier League starting time is 7.30pm.
Premier League venues must be two (2) table venues.
B Grade starting time is 7.30pm execpt where it is a one table venue then start time will be 7.00pm.
Any team receiving a full forfeit, the score sheet must be completed as normal, with names of those in attendance, and posted or emailed to the Association Publicity Officer.
Where a team in A Grade wins by forfeit the winning team shall receive a frame count of 17 – 0, the team that forfeits will receive a frame count of 0 – 32
Where a team in B Grade wins by forfeit the winning team shall receive a frame count of 11 – 0, the team that forfeits will receive a frame count of 0 - 21
Players must have played in at least 11 roster matches (11 separate nights, playing at least one (1) frame each night) in the current roster to have qualified to play in any finals match for that particular roster.
Protests regarding the results of a game or match will only be recognized if they are in written form and in the hands of the SETEBA Secretary within 72 hours of the event for which the protest is in reference to.
Anyperson, requested to attend meeting, from any protest, must be given 7 days written notice of such meeting/request.
Failure to attend a committee meeting, on request will incur suspension from any eight ball game until such time as a full committee meeting is attended.
All SETEBA events shall be played under a format as specified by the SETEBA Committee.
Failure to attend any championship (after nominating) conducted by the Association.
1st offence $10 fine, suspended from roster games until the fine is paid
2nd offence $20 fine, suspended as above
3rd offence not accepted for championships.
No SETEBA player can play for two (2) different Associations on any one (1) night. Should this occur, this player will automatically become unregistered arid ineligible to play for SETEBA for the remainder of that roster.
All competitions, (weekly rostergames, representative games, championships. etc.), shall be played under the rules as set down by the ‘World Eight Ball Pool Federation” & sanctioned by the Australian Eight Ball Federation Inc & EightBall Tasmania Inc. The committee can, under the guidance/advice of the Australian Head Adjudicator, alter these competition rules if necessary/required.
Coaching in the Premier League is not permitted. (See Coaching Fouls below).
Coaching in Lower Division
Is permitted in the first round of the new season (if voted in at Annual General Meeting) but only as follows -
Should a player require advise/coaching, he may call for his/her captain, but only after he advises the umpire of his/her intention. NO time out will be given for this request. The player must use the above procedure each and every time he requires advice/coaching. At no time during this coaching is the Captain permitted to touch the table. Should the player neglect to follow the above procedure the umpire shall be impelled to call “foul, two (2) visits” on the offending player, should any team member/s other than the captain be deemed to be coaching, a foul shall be called. (See coaching fouls below).
During a frame, a player is required to play without receiving any advice from other persons relating to the playing of the frame. Should a team member or bona fide supporter of a player offer advice, the referee will issue a “First and Final Warning” to that person that a repetition will result in the player being penalized via a Standard Foul. Because it may not always be possible for the referee to hear if a statement made to a player is advice, the referee may issue the Firstand Final Warning on the grounds That any statement made to a player, other than general barracking, IS deemed to be coaching. In a Championship event a First and Final Warning may be given once only, before the commencement of the days play, as a block warning to all players and spectators. The SETEBA Committee must authorize any “Block Warning”.
Playing in two (2) Divisions
Any player that plays in two grades i.e. B Grade and Premier League in the same year must after playing 3 games in the Premier League, they must remain in the higher grade for the remainder of the season.
Any new team entering the SETEBA will join at the lowest grade, however if in the opinion of the full committee they are above this level they will be placed at a higher level of competition.
The Break The breaks are now listed on the score sheets home team breaks first, with the break rotated every round.
Illegal Drug Policy
Any SETEBA member that hasbeen found guilty of taking/using any illegal drugs while attending or participating in any SETEBA function or event will be answerable to the SETEBA committee. (As set down by the Australian Eight Ball Federation Inc.)
National Team Duty
If game is unable to be played due to member’s participation in National Team, a catch-up game is to be played before the last game of the roster.
EightBall Tasmania Events
SETEBA members wishing to participate in EightBall Tasmania events (Singles, Doubles, Teams, etc) must have played in at least five (5) official SETEBA roster matches (in the current roster) prior to the date listed for the nominated event. SETEBA members participating in EightBall Tas events are required to abide by the EightBall Tasmania rules and regulations. SETEBA members breaching these rules and regulations will be accountable to SETEBA Committee.
Financially assisted SETEBA members selected to play in the Tasmanian State Team are required to reimburse the SETEBA all monies paid to assist them should they be found in breech EightBall Tasmania rules and regulations at such events.
The affiliation fees for every season will be set at the AGM. All teams must pay a $50 deposit at the AGM and have their affiliation fees paid in full before the start of the second round of competition for them to remain financial.